Classes of hosting services
A hosting service entails storing and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting company. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a peek at these. Thus, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you desire to build a web portal, email accounts, or to share files with buddies and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by particular file storage providers, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file hosting services frequently include ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific interval of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely false interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would divide the workload between separate bunches of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a variety of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given providers provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting kind is suitable if you desire to share a big number of images with chums or acquaintances since the service is mostly free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to administering your email box accounts. Some vendors provide web space hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an email service. If you want to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred site viewers, you may have a problem with your web space hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will allow you to manage as many video clips as you desire without bothering about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to run a web site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and mail address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Konya Alnumel Hosting, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in one place. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical email/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for particular web content solely.